Saturday, 27 June 2015

Lord Janner and sex abuse of young boys - continues

An independent lawyer is to overturn the controversial decision that Lord Janner should not face justice over a string of paedophile allegations.

The U-turn by prosecutors means a court will now hear historical child sex claims against the disgraced former Labour MP.



The Labour peer is suspected of carrying out 22 sex attacks against young victims, including a girl, who were in local authority care. They allegedly took place over 19 years and include: 14 indecent assaults on a male under 16 between 1969 and 1988; two indecent assaults between 1984 and 1988; four counts of serious sexual assault on a male under 16 between 1972 and 1987; two counts of serious sexual assault between 1977 and 1988.

Around 25 victims are thought to have contacted police as part of the investigation. The main claims investigated by Leicestershire Police centre on Janner’s alleged friendship with Frank Beck, a paedophile care home manager jailed in 1991 for a string of sex offences.

In addition to the above allegations, another complainant,  Ray Dunkley, now 56,  said he was indecently assaulted when Janner visited his primary school in 1966 – four years before he was elected an MP.



Alison Saunders, the Director of the Crown Prosecution Service who took the decision not to prosecute Lord Janner received a pay packet of almost £600,000 last year.  She was given an annual salary of £205,000 and £393,000 in pension contributions.

 The ‘mental incapacity’ strategy now being employed by Lord Janner’s solicitors is a well-tried ruse ever since Ernest Saunders, the then chairman of the Guinness brewing conglomerate, pulled it off.  (After being released early from an open prison having been ‘diagnosed’ with dementia he went on to become CEO of a major financial institution).


Similarly Labour MP Margaret Moran managed to escape a trial at which she was to be accused of a fraud against taxpayers totalling £80,000.  In 2010 she was an assistant whip to HM Treasury; following her indictment she stood down as an MP.  On 6th September 2011  Keir Starmer, Director of Public Prosecutions, said the charges followed a lengthy inquiry into claims made to furnish and improve her main residences.  "Having thoroughly reviewed the evidence gathered by the police, we have decided there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest to bring criminal charges against Margaret Moran.

She made her first appearance in court on 19th September 2011.  By December of the same year she had managed to convince psychiatrists and the court that she was unfit to stand trial due to excessive anxiety – the anxiety caused by the thought of going to prison for fraud.  The court accepted that in little over one year she had gone from having the mental capacity to be able to control a major office of state to being incapable of understanding the charges against her.

If her mental acumen was so easily derailed one wonders what she was doing holding high office in the first place and how many others in government have a similar shaky grasp of reality.

Read the full saga from 1970 to the present day at markgraham-abergele.com

No comments:

Post a Comment